Monday, February 2, 2015

February 3, 2015 - Peace Within and Without

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #34:
"I could see peace instead of this."

Peace is inherent in every seemingly volatile situation​. Ask someone who has been involved in a violent attack and they will scoff at you at the very least. I was told today that one in every three calls to the police in our little county involve domestic abuse. I can only assume that this is a woman calling concerning a man's actions, although I know this isn't always the case. Alcohol, anger, and a strong sense of right can be a deadly combination when they come together against someone or some thing. I am reminded that I can't change anyone other than within my own thought. By a change in thought, I may be guided to take particular actions in my world, or I may be led to quietly know the Truth about us all and by that knowing facilitate peace. I wish I could force everyone to live by The Four Agreements. I wish I could quiet everyone's mind so they wouldn't need to lash out at others. Hum -- maybe I can, right here within me! Do I really understand Oneness? I sure do want to. 

  
Mary Baker Eddy quote: “Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose 'light shall we see light;' and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.” Science & Health Page 510:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...