No-Fault Forgiveness

photo credit: Gerry Toler
ACIM Workbook Lesson #297
“Forgiveness is the only gift I give.”

Today’s topic turns my thoughts to wondering what it is which causes us to “get our feelings hurt” by the actions and words of others. I often quote lines from “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz and I love the agreement which tells us not to take anything personally. He goes so far as to say that even if someone shoots you in the head, it’s their problem, not yours! This recommendation is particularly appropriate during these days leading up to a national election in the United States. People are becoming upset at the slightest provocation. The realization that I needn’t take anything personally comes with a lovely side effect: there is no blame to apportion to anyone, hence I have forgiven without the stress of casting stones at others! What a relief!

 Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“True prayer is not asking God for love; it is learning to love, and to include all mankind in one affection.”

No and Yes, p. 39:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...