Counterfeits of Truth

photo credit: Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #281
“I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts.”

I listened to a video which told me that thought brings experience, and listening to the thoughts of the ego brings the experience of pain, loss, and lack, because the ego thoughts originate in a belief in separation from divine Mind. Two friends of mine are currently going through a period of emotional upset stemming from such a belief. One has been spoken to harshly by a neighbor, and the other is a vendor at our farmers market whose feelings have been hurt by public comments from a customer. I have told them both that it’s none of their business what anyone else thinks about them; that only they know the truth of their intentions and, if they’re pure, there is no reason for distress. I welcome reminders that it is my own perceptions which need adjustment, not someone else’s actions — and for these prompts, I am most grateful!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“When examined in the light of divine Science, mortals present more than is detected upon the surface, since inverted thoughts and erroneous beliefs must be counterfeits of Truth.” Science & Health Page 267:19-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...