Limitless Mind

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #280
"What limits can I lay upon God's Son?"

How do you limit yourself? I can think of lots of ways I keep myself imprisoned. When we think we are material human beings, we limit ourselves — but we are freed by the realization that our real self is Spirit, and Spirit is not contained in matter. Okay, so we are truly Spirit, but we appear to be matter, and this thing called Spirit isn't in matter. So how does that work? Our governing force, our True Self, is spiritual. We are an idea -- a divine, compound Idea of God. This idea is what is perfect. The materiality we see all around us changes, it disappears, it does not fit any definition of perfection we have in our vocabulary. So we try to make it fit, saying that everything is perfect just as it is, which leaves us feeling somehow punished because we're so miserable. I have found that concepts which include spirit as being somehow co-mingled with matter bring me to a dead-end in thinking. Only by agreeing that we are limitless Spirit, neither compressed in nor bound to matter, can I feel the freedom that has no limits. I Am infinite Mind! I Am divine Love!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Mind is limitless. It never was material. The true idea of being is spiritual and immortal, and from this it follows that whatever is laid off is the ghost, some unreal belief. Mortal beliefs can neither demonstrate Christianity nor apprehend the reality of Life.”

Science & Health Page 353:28-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...