Wear Your Mask

art of J. Clement Wall
judyclementwall.com
I now personally know someone who has this virus which is causing us to change the way we think of everyday activities. The 28-year-old man who woke up with symptoms three days ago is a dear friend whom I work with in the three congregations where I play the organ on Saturday and Sunday. He got it from his sister late last week, and neither of them knew until after he had been recording a service to be aired on Sunday, and had been the cantor for services at two branches of another local church. I was with him at all three of these services, and he picked me up in his car for the early morning Sunday service where he sang in the balcony and I played organ. Thankfully he was trying out a new singers' mask, which would be used at a school where he teaches choir. The main thing I am realizing about this disease is the guilt and shame felt by people who get it, knowing they may have passed on something which could kill someone -- or in this case, many someones. I immediately drove to a neighboring metropolis and was tested, and the results were negative. The whole process has been eye-opening for me, but let me say that I am impressed with the clinics which are doing the testing; also, the health department in our state, which has done a thorough and timely follow-up to all this. Let us not forget to love our neighbors, remember those who die alone in their hospital beds because their family cannot be there with them, and cherish our friends who have been affected in any way by the events of this year. Namaste, dear Friends...



"Stand porter at the door of thought. Admitting only such conclusions as you wish realized in bodily results, you will control yourself harmoniously. When the condition is present which you say induces disease, whether it be air, exercise, heredity, contagion, or accident, then perform your office as porter and shut out these unhealthy thoughts and fears. Exclude from mortal mind the offending errors, then the body cannot suffer from them." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 392:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...