An Angel Entertained Unawares

photo credit: Datura Böes

Have you ever felt a kinship with ​someone which is so perfect that you know you are ​One, united in your very being? Perfect unity precludes conflict, and we feel this perfection with people whom we love no matter whether they agree with our every idea or not. It seems difficult, if not impossible, to feel this wholeness with everyone, especially those who​se ideas​ ​are ​diametrically​ ​oppose​d​ ​from ​our beliefs.  Today I will ​work on enjoying the middle road ​in​ conversations. If someone wants to talk about​ something which I think is wrong, or foolish, or simply counter to my thought, I will listen with the purpose of understanding, not responding. I will​ try to​ find ways to encourage deep thinking​,​ without jumping up on my high horse and insisting that my way is the only way. It really doesn’t matter what the topic of conversation ​may be​, there is a middle ground to be found and an uplifting dialogue to be had. I want that. I want that a lot.


“Think of this, dear reader, for it will lift the sackcloth from your eyes, and you will behold the soft-winged dove descending upon you. The very circumstance, which your suffering sense deems wrathful and afflictive, Love can make an angel entertained unawares.” ​Mary Baker Eddy - ​Science & Health Page 574:25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...