Heaven Within

photo credit: Aaron Springston

Years ago, I knew a young woman who would often fall to her knees and beg God to forgive her and not send her to hell. At the slightest transgression, she would verbally do this! She wouldn’t always kneel during this entreaty, but even a simple verbal request was a surprising event for anyone in her presence. She also would tell me I was going to hell for numerous reasons, one of which was because I didn’t believe in it. She told me it was the devil’s greatest victory, convincing people there was no such place. I remember mentioning that Jesus told us the kingdom of heaven was within, and she said yes, that it was within Jesus; not us. Nowadays, I would probably tell her this was the ego’s biggest victory, to think she was not holy enough for heaven to be found within her. I might have a discussion with her about duality and the belief that there must be an opposite for everything. I could even tell her that the acceptance of Truth obviates any need for choosing heaven or hell, because there is only Truth with no opposite. Hum — maybe I should just know the Truth for myself and let it be!


“The great miracle, to human sense, is divine Love, and the grand necessity of existence is to gain the true idea of what constitutes the kingdom of heaven in man.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 560:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...