May Peace Be With Me

 

photo credit: Arthur Bruno

Although I know I can't force my way of thinking onto others, I would love to share peace with everyone, everywhere. It has taken quite a while to grasp the concept that the only thought I can change is my own. After spending years trying to change thoughts and actions of husbands and friends, I think it was my children who finally taught me the meaning of Oneness, as I would watch the mood of the household change with my emotions. This caused me to understand that holding onto peace within myself is the least and most I can do. Jumping on the bandwagon of resentment and other negative emotions always seemed impossible to avoid, but I don’t find it as difficult nowadays to simply witness things without becoming a part of them. While I can't change what anyone else is thinking or feeling or experiencing, I can adjust my own vision of reality. Every thought is important! We are all in this together, in every way, at every moment. Today I will make an effort to see everything through the eyes of Love!


“Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 264:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...