Whatever Suffers Is Not A Part Of Me

 

photo credit: Aaron Springston

Every Friday, I post one of Kevin's writings on Facebook. People enjoy them and I think of it as a memorial to him. A woman asked me today why I did it, suggesting I was holding on to grief and suffering. I assured her I was not suffering. The exchange caused me to look back on my writings concerning this topic. I like this one from 2013:

"Whatever suffers is not a part of me -- A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #248." This is not a heartless statement. It doesn't deny the feelings we have in favor of a hardness which excludes emotion. On the contrary! It's a pure Love which allows us to pass through the hard times with a firm understanding of the beauty of Truth. Losing a loved one is difficult in many ways, but I really think the myths we have concocted surrounding death do more harm than good. We say things like, "God took her to be with him because she was so good." What lies we tell ourselves in the name of kindness! As we begin to understand divine reality, we are able to release the stories we tell ourselves in favor of the Truth which sets us free. I'll always remember reading in "Beloved Prophet" the story of the woman who loved Kahlil Gibran. She sat at his funeral with a smile on her face. When asked how she could do such a thing she replied that she had never felt closer to him. Never born, never dying -- Life eternal. Hallelujah!

“A blundering dispatch, mistakenly announcing the death of a friend, occasions the same grief that the friend's real death would bring. You think that your anguish is occasioned by your loss. Another dispatch, correcting the mistake, heals your grief, and you learn that your suffering was merely the result of your belief. Thus it is with all sorrow, sickness, and death. You will learn at length that there is no cause for grief, and divine wisdom will then be understood. Error, not Truth, produces all the suffering on earth.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 386:16-25
Marsha Havens

4 comments:

  1. Understanding these metaphysical aspects assists in the practical application of the principles contained in ACIM when making choices. Without actual application, these principles are just ideas; but with application they become an experience, and experience changes everything. acim podcast apple

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...