Constantly Changing Form

 

photo credit: Richard Quick

If I have something and give it away, my material belief is that I don't have it any longer. I am learning through these studies how giving will increase what I possess. I am also learning that things represent thoughts. I am discovering when I give ideas away, they become stronger in everyone's mind. The form is often changed in what we give and and what we receive, but it never leaves us lacking. Thoughts and ideas cannot be lost, whereas material form is constantly changing. By allowing ourselves to bless ourselves, we bless the world.


“In the scientific relation of God to man, we find that whatever blesses one blesses all, as Jesus showed with the loaves and the fishes,--Spirit, not matter, being the source of supply.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health, Page 206:15-18

ACIM Workbook Lesson #187
“I bless the world because I bless myself.  Protect all things you value by the act of giving them away, and you are sure that you will never lose them. What you thought you did not have is thereby proven yours. Yet value not its form. For this will change and grow unrecognizable in time, however much you try to keep it safe. ⁵No form endures. ⁶It is the thought behind the form of things that lives unchangeable." ACIM, W-187.4:1-6


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...