Unspeakable Revelation

 


An online writing seminar called out to me today. It was basically an advertisement for ​a company called ​The Author Incubator, but my time was well-spent as Marianne Williamson talked to us about bringing light to the world through ACIM-oriented life coaching and writing. Also, I went to a restaurant which I’d never before been to, which hasn’t happened in a long, long time! While at this restaurant, I saw a number of people I knew, plus one who invited me to a widow’s meeting which she attends. I know many of the people involved with this group and think it’s a wonderful thing, but I declined her invitation. These two happenings brought revelations in thought for me, and I am most grateful. When Diana mentioned the widow’s group, I quickly questioned why I was averse to attending, realizing it was because I felt no need to work through my sadness. And the reason is simple: I have lived on my own most of my life, so it was not an adjustment when Kevin passed on. Yes, it was a surprise and there was an overwhelming grief, but I now openly admit that there is more joy than sorrow. I even told my friend today that the big adjustment had been having him living with me, and now I only have gratitude for all he brought to my life. And the little seminar caused me to realize I have more than 3,000 blog entries from which to cull a book. Indeed, much food for thought was brought to me ​on ​this beautiful day!


“Revelation is intensely personal and cannot be meaningfully translated. That is why any attempt to describe it in words is impossible. Revelation induces only experience. Miracles, on the other hand, induce action. They are more useful now because of their interpersonal nature. In this phase of learning, working miracles is important because freedom from fear cannot be thrust upon you. Revelation is literally unspeakable because it is an experience of unspeakable love.” A Course in Miracles, T:1:II

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...