Intentions and Results

 

photo credit: Aaron Springston

Years ago, I had to call tech support over an iPad issue. It was fairly complicated and when we were ready to install the firmware the lady from India said to me, “Let’s set our intention for a good result!” I have remembered that statement all these years and use it often. Recently when I said that to someone, it was clear they didn’t think it would make any difference. They actually assured me that things always turn out badly for them. I’ve been pondering this the last couple of days. My certainty that a good result will happen no matter what I’m doing doesn’t mean things will always go smoothly; nor does it mean I’ll always like the outcome of a situation. This “good result” of which I speak makes itself known in unexpected ways when I release my preconceived notions of how things should be done. The many instances of unexpected solutions appearing in my thoughts, or showing up in others’ actions, are countless in my memory. I used to believe in “Murphy’s Law” and think that if anything could go “wrong”, it would. Now that I expect a “good result”, without delineating what that will be, I’m certain every thought is important!


“Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionally to their occupancy of your thoughts.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 261:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...