Honoring yourSelf

photo credit: Aaron Springston

For the last few days, images of past hurts and regrets have been flooding into my memory. This is unusual for me as I tend to let the past stay where it is, without rehashing whys and why-nots. So when I started waking up in the morning thinking about things I’d said or done to a loved one in the past, or hearing the hurtful words of a teacher from grade school, or remembering a harsh reaction I may have had in a relationship, I began to question myself. It even occurred to me that perhaps I don’t know what love is, or that I could be a mean person. Then I read these words Jim Young posted on his Facebook page today: “To betray yourSelf is to betray the world around you. Honoring Self is the remedy!” It suddenly seemed as though the remembrance of horrible things (at least in this case) could be the last step in totally releasing them! If I’m thinking of events and then repacking them into the hidden places in my mind, I’m not honoring Self. To face them and release them in complete forgiveness of myself and/or others, I am honoring the world around me. Thank you, Jim, once again, for opening my eyes to something which seems so simple. Namaste…


"If I am not feeling peaceful, it is important for me to remember that I have made a judgment on my own. If I am not peaceful, I have not listened to the Holy Spirit. The way I return to peace is to once again open my mind to the healing perceptions of my inner Comforter, the One Who straightens my mind. My one vocation now becomes that of stepping back and following the lead of my inner Teacher, the One Who can return me to my true Identity." A Course in Miracles - Workbook Lesson #352

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...