A Wider Sphere of Thought


Photo credit: Arthur Bruno

I've never understood political conflict.  It seems to me that if everyone is for the good of all, what in the world is there to be conflicted about? I simply do not know why we have these clashes, and certainly have no desire to talk about these disagreeable scenarios. Times of major elections in our United States bring out interesting opinions from unexpected places. I try not to listen to any of it, holding to the knowledge of our true selves as the expression of Love, while looking past all the rhetoric and seeming idiocy. If God is the Mind with which I think, and that Mind is (and can only be) light, no fear nor condemnation is necessary. With this realization, we could stop trying to change others' thoughts to what we think they should be. Knowing that every thought which is a reflection of divine Mind grows exponentially, I find cause for continuing the quest to be a clean mirror. 

"This scientific sense of being, forsaking matter for Spirit, by no means suggests man's absorption into Deity and the loss of his identity, but confers upon man enlarged individuality, a wider sphere of thought and action, a more expansive love, a higher and more permanent peace."

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 265:10-15


“Let me not look to my own eyes to see today. Let me be willing to exchange my pitiful illusion of seeing for the vision that is given by God. Christ’s vision is His gift, and He has given it to me. Let me call upon this gift today, so that this day may help me to understand eternity.” 

A Course in Miracles W-59.2:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...