I Could See Peace …

Valerie Damon in a Eureka Springs, Arkansas Parade
Photo courtesy of Richard Quick

“I could see peace instead of this.” ACIM Lesson #34. This statement reminds me  that I am not a victim of the world I see. It suggests that perhaps there is another way of looking at it all; a way where I could see peace rather than turmoil. It reminds me that my mind is of God, and that I am Its holy image. What if we could simply relax into truth, not feeling the need to make others think as we do, nor to attempt to change anyone's mind about anything. It wouldn't matter if anyone believed in God, or followed any particular teaching system or religion -- it simply wouldn't be of any importance to us.  We could all relax and "let it Be". I know quite a few people who are ready to stop the madness and let freedom of thought take us to new heights of equality. And it's not just the airy-fairies who think this way, but physicists and learned people from all walks of life. Every thought counts! Let's go forward today with joy, knowing that peace is something which will spread without any effort, other than the sheer happiness in our hearts!

“When I see the world as a place of freedom, I realize that it reflects the laws of God instead of the rules I made up for it to obey. I will understand that peace, not war, abides in it. And I will perceive that peace also abides in the hearts of all who share this place with me.” 

A Course in Miracles  W-57.4:2-4


“Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose 'light shall we see light;' and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 510:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...