Visions of Holiness


Rock Formations in Peru

Markawasi, Peru is high in the Andes Mountains in South America. At this site, there are hundreds of figures, faces, and various shapes which may be seen in the living stone. There is much speculation concerning the origin of these fabulous monuments, yet some people cannot see them. As shown by time-lapse photography, these illusive figures are more obvious at some times of the day than at others. I would suppose it also is predicated (as so many things are) on whether we want to see or not. While watching a documentary on this subject, I was repeatedly reminded of its metaphorical relationship with our spiritual study. The very first Wayne Dyer book I discovered  jumped out at me because of its title: When You Believe It, You'll See It. This is the exact opposite of our material basis of truth: When I see it, I'll believe it. These stone faces are easily overlooked if you don't want to see. With these thoughts as my inspiration, I shall go through this day seeing my holiness enveloping everything. And while many things are beyond my ability to see, that's okay, because knowing they're there is enough for now.

"As mortals gain more correct views of God and man, multitudinous objects of creation, which before were invisible, will become visible. When we realize that Life is Spirit, never in nor of matter, this understanding will expand into self-completeness, finding all in God, good, and needing no other consciousness." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 492:7-11


“From my holiness does the perception of the real world come. Having forgiven, I no longer see myself as guilty. I can accept the innocence that is the truth about me. Seen through understanding eyes, the holiness of the world is all I see, for I can picture only the thoughts I hold about myself.” 

A Course in Miracles W-58.1:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...