The Oneness of Divine Mind


Photo Courtesy of Aaron Springston

A good friend has struggled with depression all her life. She feels her existence has been a series of horrible events, occasionally interrupted by happy times, which inevitably end in pain. In an attempt to escape this existence, she has turned to alcohol, drugs, and God. But the judgmental God she sees makes deals with her, and never deems her worthy of favor. She often recounts events from the past, and this seems to affect her every action. We can escape this trap by accepting that we are actually the holy reflection of divine Love, a/k/a God. Any feeling of hopelessness and sadness can disappear in an instant! By releasing our material history, we are free to learn the reality of our spiritual self, which is unending, uninterrupted good. It's a beautiful thing to witness someone realize the nothingness of their personal history and to see the wondrous peace which lies within. 

"Immortal ideas, pure, perfect, and enduring, are transmitted by the divine Mind through divine Science, which corrects error with truth and demands spiritual thoughts, divine concepts, to the end that they may produce harmonious results."

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 259:26-31


“As I share the peace of the world with my brothers, I begin to understand that this peace comes from deep within myself. The world I look upon has taken on the light of my forgiveness, and shines forgiveness back at me. In this light I begin to see what my illusions about myself kept hidden. I begin to understand the holiness of all living things, including myself, and their oneness with me.” 

A Course in Miracles W-57.5:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...