No Forgiveness Necessary

Photo credit: Stephen Shogren


Living in acknowledgement of our unity shows us a new paradigm, a different perception of what we call reality. The opposite of unity, separation, can be described as anything which separates us from Love. Our separation becomes very apparent on occasions such as Valentine's Day. Numerous people I know expressed their disgust for this sweet day of celebration, supposedly because they are not "in love". Someone even said, "Happy too-bad-you're-not-in-love Day!" I had to burst out laughing, because I feel very much in Love! Every moment is an adventure in experiencing the Love which is my Source. I revel in waking up each day and spending time aligning my thoughts with divine Mind/Love. Through this centering, I feel as though I'm having a love affair with all of life. Yes, situations occur which tempt me to revert to a judgmental way of living, and that’s okay. It seems that recognizing this behavior, and reinterpreting my responses, are an important part of learning the metaphysical precepts I’m studying. With enough practice, I hope to have no need to forgive, because I have not condemned. 


“God does not forgive because He has never condemned. And there must be condemnation before forgiveness is necessary. Forgiveness is the great need of this world, but that is because it is a world of illusions. Those who forgive are thus releasing themselves from illusions, while those who withhold forgiveness are binding themselves to them. As you condemn only yourself, so do you forgive only yourself.” 

A Course in Miracles W-46.1:1-5


 "'God is Love.' More than this we cannot ask, higher we cannot look, farther we cannot go. To suppose that God forgives or punishes sin according as His mercy is sought or unsought, is to misunderstand Love ..." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 6:17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...