One Intelligent Source

Cooper Chapel in Bella Vista, AR

The Course in Miracles workbook review topics for today includes Lesson #128, which is often debated and sometimes misinterpreted: “The world I see holds nothing that I want”.  It can be mis-perceived to say that I shouldn't enjoy the beautiful life which unfolds every day. For instance, today was the most glorious day, with perfect temperatures and mild breezes energizing me as I played in the flower garden. Everything from cooking and cleaning to playing Scrabble with an old friend was blissfully full of joy and love. How could that not be something that I want? The other part of our review tells us, “There is no love but God's”. Everything I experienced today demonstrated the spiritual reality of my existence. Not everyone would enjoy digging in the dirt, scrubbing the floor, chopping vegetables, and being outscored in a game of Scrabble! But it was my experience unfolding in an individual way which reflected this Love which is God, allowing ”my mind [to] hold(s) only what I think with God". It's an eternal unfolding of Love, God. So I can truthfully say, “The world holds nothing that I want”, because what I want is to know Love, allowing experience to unfold. I can hardly wait to start another day, fresh with the full breath of Life creating my every moment.

“When the divine precepts are understood, they unfold the foundation of fellowship, in which one mind is not at war with another, but all have one Spirit, God, one intelligent source…”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 276:4-8


“Pause and be still a little while, and see how far you rise above the world, when you release your mind from chains and let it seek the level where it finds itself at home. It will be grateful to be free a while. It knows where it belongs. But free its wings, and it will fly in sureness and in joy to join its holy purpose. Let it rest in its Creator, there to be restored to sanity, to freedom and to love.” 

A Course in Miracles W-128.6:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

The Power of Grace

I remember a young woman who came into my gallery one evening and told me that she loved art, but that she didn't have any talent becaus...