Quietly Listening to Divine Mind



Two things, which in reality do not exist, want you to think you would no longer be you if you admit that you are unified in Oneness. These things are mortal mind, as termed by Mary Baker Eddy, and ego as it's called in A Course in Miracles. What if free will does not exist unless you DO embrace this unity and give up what you think of as individuality? I'm beginning to see that I have no will of my own if I'm simply regurgitating well-rehearsed lines from the history of my life. I'm starting to glimpse the freedom which comes from throwing off the chains I have bound myself with throughout a lifetime of fears and learned behavior. These false beliefs which dictate our actions was illustrated by a story told me by a dear friend. He thought his stepmother had never liked him, then one day he found out she was almost deaf. With this realization, he saw that the actions he had interpreted as slights to him were actually moments of confusion on her part. He now sees their relationship in a totally different way, viewed from this new understanding. Today I will quietly listen for that still, small voice which frees me from long-held beliefs!


“Let this day be a day of stillness and of quiet listening. Your Father wills you hear His Word today. He calls to you from deep within your mind where He abides. Hear Him today. No peace is possible until His Word is heard around the world; until your mind, in quiet listening, accepts the message that the world must hear to usher in the quiet time of peace.”

A Course in Miracles W-125.1:1-5


“There is but one I, or Us, but one divine Principle, or Mind, governing all existence; man and woman unchanged forever in their individual characters, even as numbers which never blend with each other, though they are governed by one Principle. All the objects of God's creation reflect one Mind, and whatever reflects not this one Mind, is false and erroneous, even the belief that life, substance, and intelligence are both mental and material.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 511:11-19


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

The Power of Grace

I remember a young woman who came into my gallery one evening and told me that she loved art, but that she didn't have any talent becaus...