September 21, 2013 - Surrounded by Love

"World Cup, Germany, 2006"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #264
“I am surrounded by the Love of God.”

While sitting in my gallery with Steve Tyrell singing Frank Sinatra songs,  it's easy to feel surrounded by Love. As this is the first cool day in quite some time, I have the front door open to enjoy the fresh air and invite people to come in and see the great collection of art and fine craft we have. Suddenly, the calm is broken by raucous laughter. I look out to see a seemingly drunken man standing in the middle of the street, pretending he's directing traffic, while his friend takes photos of the performance. I nearly slip into judgmental mode, but refrain. I have vowed to see everyone through the eyes of God today. So I enjoy his antics as I sway to the sultry music filling the air. Shortly thereafter, the man in the street comes in with his friend. They rather sheepishly talk about what they were doing. The friend states that usually the man in the street is a quiet, subdued person who would never think of making a scene. As I watch them enjoying their vacation, I see that they truly are surrounded by the Love of God, too. I see the motorcycles roaring by as extensions of the fun-loving folks riding them. I take a deep breath and smile.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The very circumstance, which your suffering sense deems wrathful and afflictive, Love can make an angel entertained unawares.”

Science & Health Page 574: 27-30

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Marsha, for demonstrating what occurs when a person surrounds self with the Love of God. Isn't it interesting that the street man and his friend entered your gallery after you consciously decided to see his innocence? There are no accidents with Spirit!

    Your commentaries yesterday and today are so inspiring as to what I can do in my life. Thank you.

    Today's Daily Word was surrender. The statement which continues to resonate with me is: I lay "down the defensive armor of strongly held convictions and any weapons of judgment or criticism." I, too, desire the innocence which freedom from judgment brings.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Richard, for these comments! I love the Daily Word quote you give us. When I tell people I try not to have strong opinions, they usually don't understand. We still seem to have the "opinion" that if we don't proclaim something, then we are wishy-washy. I don't think you or I are any such thing! :) Hugs to you, dear Friend!

      Delete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...