September 29, 2013 - Illusions

"The Spiral Path"
created by Sandy Wythawai Starbird
ACIM Workbook Lesson #272 “How can illusions satisfy God's Son?”


Today's topic causes me to pause and examine what has brought happiness and a feeling of completeness through the years. During the "years that the locust ate", as I tend to think of a particular 20-year period, I generally felt happy, but never complete or fulfilled. Years of substance abuse, flitting from man to man, and activities which kept me busy but never satisfied are what I refer to as the lost years. Looking back, I hardly recognize that person. It's not that I was mean or horrible or anything, but I was living a drama-filled life, going from one disaster to another, finding solace by hiding in hedonistic pleasures. The peace which is found from wanting nothing other than to know God is astounding in its magnitude. What makes the difference in then and now? Obviously there is a world of difference, but I'm not sure what event caused the change in expectations. Ultimately, it doesn't matter because now is all we have! And so let's go forward with joy into what awaits us this day!


Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Higher enjoyments alone can satisfy the cravings of immortal man. We cannot circumscribe happiness within the limits of personal sense. The senses confer no real enjoyment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...