September 9, 2013 - What is my Identity?

"Mt. Timpanogos Goat"
photo by Aaron Springston 
ACIM Workbook Lesson #252
“The Son of God is my Identity."

It's very easy to forget our identity of a child of God, and once that's done, it's easy to wander down a path we never wanted to visit. A year or so ago, I found myself thinking uncharitable  thoughts about people at times. I engaged in banter with friends, complaining about other people. I found myself having strong opinions about political stuff. And it has taken its toll. For quite some time I've been experiencing health problems. A rash here, a twisted ankle there -- but a pretty steady stream of material problems. Not long ago I included an article by Mary Baker Eddy entitled "Demonstration". In this she tells us a "secret". And that secret is to have no negative thoughts about anything or anyone -- anytime, ever! In looking over the last twenty years I've spent in serious contemplation of Truth, there was a time I honestly didn't have ugly thoughts about anything. My first thoughts in the morning were acknowledgements of spiritual Truth. That is not true now. In working with a Christian Science practitioner for the last few days, many erroneous thoughts are being uncovered and are laying on the table for examination and excision. This exercise and study is full of joy for the things I'm discovering. I trust delving into my true Identity will not leave me where it found me!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"I watch my thoughts about people, the lame, the old, the unloved to sense that I pass in the street, stray animals, I except nothing. I have taken my radical stand for perfection and I will not, absolutely will not, relax this perfect standard.

The result has been simply marvelous. Try it and you will find that you forget your glasses; they will become unnecessary.

You will be seeing with God's eyes, His perfect sight, and you will behold a perfect universe, the outward condition of your inward thinking. To change the picture you must change the sight that produced the picture.
From an article entitled "Demonstration"


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...