June 20, 2014 - Starting Over

"Utah Snow in June"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #171
Central Theme: "God is but love and therefore so am I."
Review of:  #151 "All things are echoes of the Voice for God." #152 "The power of decision is my own."

Do you ever seem to have problems with a particular person? If you're like me, it seems the same script runs over and over and we always end up at the same spot. The owners of the building I rent for my business and I have been going around and round in that pointless circle for quite some time now. I won't go into details, as I've realized that's part of the "problem". I seem to have fallen into the trap of replaying past conversations, planning future conversations, and generally being disgruntled about certain things in our relationship. This morning I vowed to stop being self-righteous and really listen for guidance in this situation. Before making a phone call to my landlady, I sat down and reminded myself that we're all doing the best we can, and we're all in this together. I saw the whole world vibrating with the divine Love that I know is everywhere, supreme in its presence. We had the best conversation we've had in a year and a half. While I had been thinking of her as uncaring and arrogant, she had been thinking of me as pushy and stubborn. We cleared the air and she stated, "Let's start over right now." Wow! Divine Love really does meet every need, when we express it rather than just think about it.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Individuals are consistent who, watching and praying, can 'run, and not be weary; . . . walk, and not faint,' who gain good rapidly and hold their position, or attain slowly and yield not to discouragement. Imperfect mortals grasp the ultimate of spiritual perfection slowly; but to begin aright and to continue the strife of demonstrating the great problem of being, is doing much.”

Science & Health Page 254:1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...