June 29, 2014 - Living Grace

ACIM Workbook Lesson #180
Central Theme: "God is but love and therefore so am I." Review of: #169 "By grace I live. By grace I am released." #170 "There is no cruelty in God and none in me."

Although I don't beat myself up over the past, occasionally reminders pop up which I'd rather not acknowledge, but when I saw our review topics, I knew they must be faced. I used to have a very volatile personality. In conversation with a dear friend, I related a few incidents of anger -- which caused me to remember even more occasions. It's certainly not something I'm proud of, but I am happy that those highly-emotional feelings are gone. Many factors were involved in moving past those times, including becoming a parent, stopping alcohol consumption, and a sincere desire to live a life centered in divine Love. I'm glad this has come up now, because I've noticed a certain hardening of heart recently. There may be many supposed reasons for this, but none of them matter to me. I'd rather skip all the causes and return to the one Cause: God. Today I will reread ACIM workbook lessons #169 and 170, listening for inspiration while knowing "God is but love and therefore so am I." I want to feel what it means that "By grace I live. By grace I am released." May I fully accept that "There in no cruelty in God and none in me."

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Christian Science commands man to master the propensities, — to hold hatred in abeyance with kindness, to conquer lust with chastity, revenge with charity, and to overcome deceit with honesty. Choke these errors in their early stages, if you would not cherish an army of conspirators against health, happiness, and success."

Science & Health Page Page 405:5-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...