June 11, 2014 - I Am

Photo from Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #162
“I am as God created me."

That first thought in the morning upon waking sets the tone for the day. I have always tried to have that thought be something such as a line from the scientific statement of being (quoted below), taking it in and pondering its meaning as I wake up. For the last few weeks, I've been waking up with anxious dreams swirling around in my mind. It's been difficult to think about anything other than what was happening in this vivid illusion. So tomorrow I am going to wake up to the thought "I Am as God created me." I'll go to sleep telling myself this fact, knowing I'll wake up with the thought, too. I'm not going to wonder about what that means to me or anyone else. I'm going to hold to the thought and that thought alone. I trust any meaning I need will be shown to me as I embrace this Truth!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Question: What is the scientific statement of being?
Answer: There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual."

Science & Health Page 468:8-16

"The more I think it 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...