June 4, 2014 - I Am All Right

photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #155
“I will step back and let Him lead the way.”

I really try to let Truth lead the way in everything I do. For instance, today I was driving to the country to visit with friends. Before I left the house, I sat and quieted my thoughts and reminded myself to be open to guidance in all ways. By this, I mean everything, including slight variations in driving which would put my tires where they need to be, safe from any sharp rocks or nails. Now, I don't think about these details in particular, or that would be counter productive. I simply say something like, Let me be open to your thought. By silencing my plans and controlling tendencies, there is a protection at work because I'm listening. Today my dog took a tumble down a steep staircase. As he was rolling down, I began affirming to myself his safety -- and knowing the reason why. It's a simple shift from saying, Are you all right? to knowing, You ARE all right! I am very grateful.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Spiritual sense, contradicting the material senses, involves intuition, hope, faith, understanding, fruition, reality." Science & Health Page 298:13-15

"When an accident happens, you think or exclaim, 'I am hurt!' Your thought is more powerful than your words, more powerful than the accident itself, to make the injury real. Now reverse the process. Declare that you are not hurt and understand the reason why, and you will find the ensuing good effects to be in exact proportion to your disbelief in physics, and your fidelity to divine metaphysics, confidence in God as All…" Science & Health Page 397:12-21


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...