July 24, 2014 - Calm, Exalted Thought

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #205
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #185 "I want the peace of God.”

In the past 19 years, since I've given up my washer and dryer, I've spent quite a bit of time in laundromats, and I've met the most interesting people there. Recently, I met a woman who had lived in our mountain town for about a year. She wasn't happy here in any way. She told me how she couldn't stand the weather, her job, her apartment, the lack of public transportation, our farmers' market. For most of her diatribe, I calmly listened to her and agreed that she should probably go back to Houston where she was happier. But when she started to put down our local farmers' market, I verbally retaliated in a fashion more vehement than expected! Looking back on the situation, I realize that the "peace of God" that we are contemplating today has nothing to do with degrees. Divine Love doesn't stay calm and then get upset if someone says something derogatory about a cause close to Its heart. Today my focus will be on experiencing peace in every situation, not just the ones I have no emotional connection towards. Namasté.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace."

Science & Health Page 506:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...