July 9, 2014 - Leaving Old for New

Mt. Timpanogos Goats
ACIM Workbook Lesson #190
“I choose the joy of God instead of pain.”

I woke up this morning wishing I didn't need to speak at all today. I didn't even go to the farmers' market, nor did I attend an early-morning monthly meeting scheduled for today. Instead I spent a few hours with some of my favorite metaphysical teachers, via their books and videos, then went for a long walk with my dog around Black Bass Lake. I feel brand new! I realize we can't always have the luxury of choosing peace in our every surrounding, but we can choose it in our thought. I find days like today make it easier to know that peaceful joy no matter where I am. Namastè ~~~

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear, — this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony." 

Science & Health Page 323:32-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...