Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9, 2014 - Leaving Old for New

Mt. Timpanogos Goats
ACIM Workbook Lesson #190
“I choose the joy of God instead of pain.”

I woke up this morning wishing I didn't need to speak at all today. I didn't even go to the farmers' market, nor did I attend an early-morning monthly meeting scheduled for today. Instead I spent a few hours with some of my favorite metaphysical teachers, via their books and videos, then went for a long walk with my dog around Black Bass Lake. I feel brand new! I realize we can't always have the luxury of choosing peace in our every surrounding, but we can choose it in our thought. I find days like today make it easier to know that peaceful joy no matter where I am. Namastè ~~~

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear, — this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony." 

Science & Health Page 323:32-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...