July 4, 2014 - Celebrate!

photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #185
“I want the peace of God.”

This is a day of celebration in the United States. On July 4th we celebrate Independence. Today's lesson tells us that if we want the peace of God, it is ours if we sincerely want it. The reason for this is that peace is our birthright as an expression of God. Today I will celebrate my independence from thoughts which bind me to old ways; from thoughts which bring neither peace nor freedom. I will throw off the shackles of belief and celebrate the freedom which living Truth brings. I won't concentrate on what I am not, but what I Am. I Am a creation of divine Mind, a reflection of divine Love. Woo-hoo!! Let the celebration begin!!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"A few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipotence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market; but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love is the liberator."

Science & Health Page 225:16-22

2 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog site. Thank you for sharing the best of both CS and ACIM. I am a long-time ACIM student and a new follower of CS. I love your message today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! So glad to hear of your interest! Let me know if you'd like to be on the email list to receive in your mail each morning.

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...