July 18, 2014 - I Am Free

ACIM Workbook Lesson #199
“I am not a body. I am free.”

What an intriguing topic to ponder is today's! "I am not a body. I am free." The idea that I am not a body can seem like a puzzle, perhaps one of those intricate knots with an object in the middle which you're trying to extricate, and there seems no way to do so. Then the solution appears in your thought and you wonder what seemed so impossible about it! If you put the puzzle away and don't look at it for a long time, you forget what you knew about it -- at least you forget until something reminds you of the solution. That's what the writings of Mary Baker Eddy and the teachings of A Course in Miracles do for me: they remind me of what's been forgotten. "Mind has set me free from every error." Today I will look to divine Mind for discernment. Infinite intelligence is my heritage as the expression of God. I pray to release all beliefs I have concerning reality, and allow inner knowing to show me Truth.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"I am the image and likeness of God; no mortal mind can confine this image in a mortal body, harm or touch it in any way, Mind has set me free from every error. Divine Love fills every avenue, flows through every channel and removes every obstruction."

[This is an excerpt from an article entitled "Body" by Mary Baker Eddy, filed in the Congressional Library, January 19, 1886, found by Lyda Sandifer Hord]

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...