Friday, July 11, 2014

July 12, 2014 - Letting it Go

"Ancient Enigma"
clay creation of Ken Starbird
A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #193
“All things are lessons God would have me learn.”

Any grudges I am holding are being held over my own head. I saw someone today whom I hadn't thought about in a long, long time. Immediately when I saw her, the grudges I held, the blame I apportioned, came to mind. But I stopped and thought about why it had ever mattered so much in the first place. The immediate conclusion was that I had felt self-righteous in the situation. I had taken actions and words personally AND had made assumptions about the reasons for her behavior. Now I look back and see that it just doesn't matter. Any hurt that I thought had been inflicted on me was nothing but my self-important response. Almost immediately I began to wonder if she thought badly of me. Then I realized that didn't really matter either. I'm not responsible for what anyone else thinks, only myself. As a good friend tells me time and again, It's none of my business what anyone thinks about me! I'm so happy to have released yet another perceived pain. Namasté ~~~

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The true Logos is demonstrably Christian Science, the natural law of harmony which overcomes discord, — not because this Science is supernatural or preternatural, nor because it is an infraction of divine law, but because it is the immutable law of God, good."

Science & Health Page 134:21-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...