Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 7, 2014 - Oh, What a Love!

ACIM Workbook Lesson #188
“The peace of God is shining in me now.”

This photo of Ken and Sandy Starbird is my very favorite one. I first met these artists when they came to my gallery seeking representation. No, that's not right. They presented themselves and we all saw at least a glimmer of why we were being brought together. Our association grew into friendship and loving appreciation. Seven weeks ago, Ken was told he had a brain tumor which was termed aggressive. I've always admired their interaction with each other. There is a palpable trust and respect running through their pure and passionate love for each other. In these past few days, I've witnessed an all-encompassing peace surrounding them. They know Love is eternal, and they have inspired me to live Its ever-presence. As I ponder metaphysical statements on physical so-called death, I see that all of us can transcend material belief and see what is just out of sight. As we are told today, "Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all." Here's to you, Ken and Sandy! Cheers for leaving behind the fear and embracing the Love!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose "light shall we see light;" and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.”

Science & Health Page 510:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...