July 7, 2014 - Oh, What a Love!

ACIM Workbook Lesson #188
“The peace of God is shining in me now.”

This photo of Ken and Sandy Starbird is my very favorite one. I first met these artists when they came to my gallery seeking representation. No, that's not right. They presented themselves and we all saw at least a glimmer of why we were being brought together. Our association grew into friendship and loving appreciation. Seven weeks ago, Ken was told he had a brain tumor which was termed aggressive. I've always admired their interaction with each other. There is a palpable trust and respect running through their pure and passionate love for each other. In these past few days, I've witnessed an all-encompassing peace surrounding them. They know Love is eternal, and they have inspired me to live Its ever-presence. As I ponder metaphysical statements on physical so-called death, I see that all of us can transcend material belief and see what is just out of sight. As we are told today, "Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all." Here's to you, Ken and Sandy! Cheers for leaving behind the fear and embracing the Love!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose "light shall we see light;" and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.”

Science & Health Page 510:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...