Standing By Truth

"Illusion of Danger"
photo credit: Aaron Springston
Today I received an excited message from an old friend who is a newcomer to social media. He was forwarding to me a message about a prominent Chinese scientist informing us about the "truth" concerning the ongoing viral situation. I immediately did a search on this and found numerous sources telling me this had been circulated since April, 2020, and it was not true. I wrote him back, telling him what I had found and how he, too, could discover these facts, mentioning that it was our responsibility to not pass on things designed to divide us and create fear-based responses. He wrote back telling me others had informed him that his urgent post was, indeed, misinformation. He was downhearted and said he should know better and he was going to ignore these posts from now on. "NO", I said to him. It is our responsibility as capable, intelligent people to seek truth and pass it on, while quashing lies and doing our best to correct them. I assured him he was one of these capable, intelligent folks and he could play an important role in this maze of misinformation. I urge you, each and every one, to be bearers of truth and goodness, not caving in to lies, but finding the truth and standing by it, today and every day. And to do so with kindness whenever possible -- and it's always possible!



"You do not deny the mathematician's right to distinguish the correct from the incorrect among the examples on the blackboard, nor disbelieve the musician when he distinguishes concord from discord  ... Right and wrong, truth and error, will be at strife in the minds of students, until victory rests on the side of invincible truth." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 452:32

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...