Peace Spreads as Quickly as Anger

photo credit: Gerry Toler

In these volatile times, perhaps you've witnessed anger spreading quickly in various situations. I’m convinced that peace spreads just as quickly! I once had a demonstration of peace quelling anger -- visibly, quickly, thoroughly. I was leaving work in the early evening, and as I started down a stairway across from Basin Park a man began to sing the beautiful Louis Armstrong hit, "What a Wonderful World". I stood listening to him and was filled with happiness and buoyant peace which was so encompassing that I barely noticed voices shouting to my left. When he finished, I glanced over at three people sitting on the wall and shouting obscenities directly at me. It was as though I couldn't comprehend what they were doing and I just kept smiling and looking directly at them, with this incredible feeling of Love still growing inside me. As I watched the young people and their angry faces, it seemed that they were deflating like balloons. All the anger was seeping out of them with a visible shift in their demeanor. I joyfully waved at them and went down the stairs. I'll never forget that palpable feeling of light displacing darkness. I'll bet they haven't either!


"Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences, by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 264:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...