Vote Sweet Vote


There is something particularly satisfying and joyful about actively campaigning with a candidate you believe can be the change you want to see. Suzie Bell is my hero! An acquaintance is supporting her opponent and when they were asked by a mutual friend why that was, they responded, "Oh, Suzie just wants to save the world." Well, yeah, she does! -- and I'm not sure why they think that's a bad thing. For years, people have been saying they wish there was someone they truly wanted to win (insert political race here); that they're just voting for the least awful choice and are tired of doing so. In this compassionate and intelligent candidate, I've found someone who reflects the values I hold dear. She is giving me a standard with which to compare other public officers, and I'll be watching out for potential leaders of this caliber in the coming years. I don't care who you vote for, just be sure to vote. Vote your heart, vote with your mind, vote from your conscience. Whomever you choose to stand with, be proud! 

"Being is holiness, harmony, immortality. It is already proved that a knowledge of this, even in small degree, will uplift the physical and moral standard of mortals, will increase longevity, will purify and elevate character." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health page 492:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...