What Rings True

 


from Anupam Nath/AP - Gauhati, India, 11/5/2020

A man named Bill Sweet, who has videos and books about spirituality and its relationship to our daily lives, contacted me. He has some views I like very much concerning how we are being fed ideas, and what causes us to think they’re our own. Personally, I think the key to safe social media consumption is reading many differing views and developing critical thinking skills. But for now I will give you some of his thoughts: “The spiritual threat to mankind is that our individual subjective thinking is being bombarded, manipulated and reprogrammed. The result is that we live in virtual realities where narratives are suggested to us to act out. These superimposed sidetracking narratives on our thinking separate us from knowing what is true about the divine realities of Life, Truth, and Love.” I find this explanation helpful in relation to conversations I have had with people who believe something to be true which I know to be false. I’ve found it’s best not to argue, but to try to understand. And it helps me examine my own idea of truth, to look at things from all angles, not just the ones where I’m comfortable. May we all do some soul-searching and brain cleansing in these days to come!

“There is nothing to work at.
There is nothing to purge.
There are no new bridges to build.
There is only a bonding
with what rings True to us,
coming out of inward awareness.”
Jim Young

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...