Choose to Listen

 

Photo credit: Blake Lasater

I often remind myself that if I have a choice of being right or being kind, I’d rather be kind. Another personal reminder is to choose peace over specialness. I’m sure I’ve self-righteously proclaimed to others about my pain, my divorce, my cold, my sciatica, my low bank account — you get the picture! It’s much nicer to look past MY specialness and follow the guidance of divine Mind, which is everywhere and I need only listen. Divine Love is eternal, and when I follow Its lead I don’t need reminders to be kind. Living with the excitement of Spirit in daily activity brings miraculous adventures, which occur when I stop dictating reality. Living in gratitude and appreciation brings a peaceful, easy feeling. I choose the harmony of unity, releasing separation and relaxing into infinity!


"Let us rid ourselves of the belief that man is separated from God, and obey only the divine Principle, Life and Love. Here is the great point of departure for all true spiritual growth." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 91:5-8


“‘Many are called but few are chosen’ should be, ‘All are called but few choose to listen.’ Therefore, they do not choose right. The ‘chosen ones’ are merely those who choose right sooner. Right minds can do this now, and they will find rest unto their souls. God knows you only in peace, and this is your reality.” A Course in Miracles T-3.IV.7:12-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...