Present Truth

 

Photo credit: Aaron Springston


There are many personal identities we cling to, and it's certainly difficult to keep from mentioning one or more when asked "who are you?”. In the new year, I plan on putting my focus on truth. Whether it’s my personal self or the whole world, let there be TRUTH! It doesn't matter to me what horrible things happen as the result of truth being known; I simply want everything to be out in the open. While pondering that, I realized that the predilections we identify with are decisions we have agreed upon as our personal truth. As part of my new, more-open thought, I resolve to not fault anyone for thinking in ways I find to be odd or disconcerting. We all have different expressions of the divinity we are, and it is not my place to pass judgment — although I'm not sure what's up with people who think the earth is flat! In the coming new year, I want to stop lying to myself and about others, while living in the honesty of the present moment, and celebrating every moment of Life!

"Love, too, would set a feast before you, on a table covered with a spotless cloth, set in a quiet garden where no sound but singing and a softly joyous whispering is ever heard. This is a feast that honors your holy relationship, and at which everyone is welcomed as an honored guest. And in a holy instant grace is said by everyone together, as they join in gentleness before the table of communion. And I will join you there, as long ago I promised and promise still. For in your new relationship am I made welcome. And where I am made welcome, there I am." 

A Course in Miracles T-19.IV.A.16.


“The power of the human will should be exercised only in subordination to Truth; else it will misguide the judgment and free the lower propensities. It is the province of spiritual sense to govern man. Material, erring, human thought acts injuriously both upon the body and through it.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health  Page 205:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...