Footsteps of Truth

 

Photo credit: Richard Quick

Almost two decades ago, Jim Young and I brought together a group of people which became known as Metafizzies. During the years we were affiliated with this metaphysical group, I got quite an education! I have sat in a metal pyramid, holding a crystal skull, chanting Sanskrit. Psychic readings, Akashic Records, Sufi dances — We welcomed people to present their views to us every other week, and they were all based in love, no matter how farfetched they may have seemed on the surface. I tell you this to give you an idea of my background in spiritual matters. My parents were Christian Scientists. When I left home at 16, I thought there must be something better, but after years of wandering through the in-vogue thought systems of the 1970s, I had found nothing more comprehensive than the book Science and Health, With Key to the Scriptures. Sometime in the 90s, I was at a yard sale and picked up Wayne Dyer’s book When You Believe It, You’ll See It. Immediately I wanted to know who he was because his ideas were exactly what I had learned from Mary Baker Eddy’s writings. And so I discovered A Course in Miracles, including it in the study which had always felt so natural to me. Truth is truth no matter where it is found, and there are many beautiful pathways in this world. Namaste, dear Friends …


“All roads will lead to this one in the end. For sacrifice and deprivation are paths that lead nowhere, choices for defeat, and aims that will remain impossible. All this steps back as truth comes forth in you, to lead your brothers from the ways of death, and set them on the way to happiness. Their suffering is but illusion. Yet they need a guide to lead them out of it, for they mistake illusion for the truth.” 

A Course in Miracles W-155.7:1-5


“Whatever furnishes the semblance of an idea governed by its Principle, furnishes food for thought. Through astronomy, natural history, chemistry, music, mathematics, thought passes naturally from effect back to cause. Academics of the right sort are requisite. Observation, invention, study, and original thought are expansive and should promote the growth of mortal mind out of itself, out of all that is mortal.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 195:15-22


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...