Releasing Each Other and Celebrating Together

Photo credit; Richard Quick

We always have interesting controversies in Eureka Springs. After all, we once elected a dead woman to be our mayor. And I’m pretty sure our quirkiness precedent was set long before that event in the 80s. Today I saw a post on social media from our Great Passion Play, stating that the mayor and city attorney were demanding that their nativity scene in Basin Spring Park be taken down. When I saw this post, it had been up for 24 minutes and already had 1500+ shares and over 800 comments. This was an organized effort to get people all over the nation upset at the idea that our liberal city is having a “war on Christmas”. After making a few calls, I discovered that a private citizen is threatening a lawsuit unless this religious portrayal is removed from city property. In glancing through the numerous comments on this post, I saw much vehemence being thrown toward our beautiful little town. The main question which runs through my mind is why would anyone want to make a complaint? The passion play has put up this exhibit (so to speak) for more than 50 years. It’s a part of the holiday decorations. We are a tourist town which has not only a 60-foot tall Jesus but drag queens roaming the streets. We all get along. In the interest of peace, I shall do my best to send loving vibes to all involved. I’m certain my thoughts shall stand corrected often … Namaste.


“It is in your power, in time, to delay the perfect union of the Father and the Son. For in this world, the attraction of guilt does stand between them. Neither time nor season means anything in eternity. But here it is the Holy Spirit’s function to use them both, though not as the ego uses them. This is the season when you would celebrate my birth into the world. Yet you know not how to do it. Let the Holy Spirit teach you, and let me celebrate your birth through Him. The only gift I can accept of you is the gift I gave to you. Release me as I choose your own release. The time of Christ we celebrate together, for it has no meaning if we are apart.” 

A Course in Miracles T-15.X.1:1-10


“Today the watchful shepherd shouts his welcome over the new cradle of an old truth. This truth has traversed night, through gloom to glory, from cradle to crown. To the awakened consciousness, the Bethlehem babe has left his swaddling-clothes (material environments) for the form and comeliness of the divine ideal, which has passed from a corporeal to the spiritual sense of Christ and is winning the heart of humanity with ineffable tenderness.” Mary Baker Eddy - First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany Page 257:4-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...