Compassionate Rats

Have you seen the study about rats and how they care enough about their rat friends to not give them a shock, even when it means getting a tasty treat? I think this is wonderful! Even the “lowly” rat doesn’t want to see its counterpart suffer. I think it’s normal for us to want others be happy and do well, but quite a few folks think their friends revel in their failure. I hope this isn’t as prevalent as is supposed, don’t you? I’ve heard tell some parents are jealous of their children when they exceed their parents’ performance in, for instance, sports. What a shame. I will remember the rat study and its uplifting results the next time I witness human injustice, and I will strive to hold myself to the same standard!

"A feasible as well as rational means of improvement at present is the elevation of society in general and the achievement of a nobler race for legislation, -- a race having higher aims and motives." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 63



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...