Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Universal Understanding



Gates and Buffet playing duplicate bridge
I’ve been thinking about things we do which are universally understood. Music: no matter what language you speak, people who read music can sit down and play together in perfect harmony. Mathematics: I’m not much of an expert at this science, but math is the same no matter where you are. The extent I understand it has to do with 52 cards, dealt out in the form of bridge hands. Having never played bridge online with actual people, a whole new world has opened to me with this forced isolation we are experiencing. As long as we had ten duplicate bridge games a month at local clubs, it was never brought to my attention that the world of online bridge was vibrant, thriving, and free! At any hour of the day or night, I can log on and play a single hand or more, enjoying the universal language of bridge bidding as we try to get to the best contract. Or as defenders, it does not matter if my partner is from Armenia or Argentina, there are universal laws which pertain to this fascinating game. I would encourage all parents to teach their children things which can never be fully conquered. My love of bridge, the study and practice of spirituality, along with the desire to become a more proficient pianist, these things are a never ending source of enjoyment during these interesting times. I am grateful to have activities which will always keep me striving to grow in understanding. These things I mention can be enjoyed at any level, so it's never too late to start!

"Love is impartial and universal in its adaptation and bestowals." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Knocks at the Portal of Humanity

Are we finally ready for the truth? I've heard it said that we, as a human race, can’t stand to hear the truth if it contradicts long-he...