This Wild and Precious Life


The gratitude I've felt today has been overwhelming. Every flower, cloud, and bird is exquisite. And then I opened up a magazine and saw this poem, which I share with you...

The Summer Day by Mary Oliver

I don't know exactly what a
     prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention,
     how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down
     in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to
     stroll through
the fields,
which is what I've been doing all
     day.
Tell me, what else should I have
     done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and
     too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious
     life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unity of Spirit

  Photo courtesy of Susan Luddy Words from Kahlil Gibran “Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.   Pity the nation t...