Noticing Solutions

photo credit: Aaron Springston
Too many things are jumping around in my brain this evening. It's time to sleep now and these thoughts could cause tossing and turning, so I'm going to think of the beautiful happenings I've seen today. A group of women I've been associated with for years have a group email going almost daily, telling each other of the events in our lives, sharing what we do to stay active and calm, and supporting each other when needed. A group of people in town provided almost 900 meals for local people this week, and my heart sings when I think of what they have done. I read a blog post from a local woman who now has two restaurants in Fayetteville, and it fills me with hope to hear her tell details of her days. The artists in town who are helping to support our animal shelter during this time when their thrift shops are not open and supplying funds, they bring a smile every time I see one of their renditions of someone's pet. People are giving of themselves and their talents everywhere, we need only notice to see the good. But as one of my favorite spiritual gurus tells us, we must Wake Up, Stand up, Rise Up, and SHOW UP! So don't be afraid of those worries buzzing around you, but rather know there are solutions and it's our job to notice what they are and help them to be implemented. As I've said before: We can do this!



"Self-forgetfulness, purity, and affection are constant prayers. Practice not profession, understanding not belief, gain the ear and right hand of omnipotence and they assuredly call down infinite blessing. Truthworthiness is the foundation of enlightened faith." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 15:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unity of Spirit

  Photo courtesy of Susan Luddy Words from Kahlil Gibran “Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.   Pity the nation t...