Thursday, April 2, 2020

Curiouser and Curiouser

Things just get "curiouser and curiouser", said Lewis Carroll, through his most adventurous character, Alice. I'm sure everyone feels this to some degree, because every day brings more confused thought, deep sadness, pity, unabashed joy, clarity of purpose. This is some ride we're on, don't you think? The rollercoaster of emotions mentioned come from many sources. I'm confused because some people think it's fine to go out to dinner in the nearby city, to do shopping, and have a day out. I am deeply sad because one of our artists, one who is a big player in the heart and soul of Eureka Springs, decided it was time to fly away. And so she did. The pity I've felt today is toward an old friend who has no one closeby, yet wants companionship desperately. I am joyful because I love my family and home. This gratitude runs through me like a favorite song replaying in my head. It seems we are all either embracing or running away from our purpose. These things I ponder, while questioning my own motives and trying not to judge others. Whew! Sending you a moment of peace, wishing you a night of deep sleep, and the humor and strength to carry on tomorrow. 



"Spirit, God, gathers unformed thoughts into their proper channels, and unfolds these thoughts, even as He opens the petals of a holy purpose in order that the purpose may appear." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 506:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Knocks at the Portal of Humanity

Are we finally ready for the truth? I've heard it said that we, as a human race, can’t stand to hear the truth if it contradicts long-he...