Willingness

photo credit: Aaron Springston

The idea that we have a choice between joy and pain may not be easy to accept. Let’s not allow mortal mind​,​ or ego​,​ to lay a guilt trip on us in this regard. The only thing we are guilty of is a mistaken perception, for which there is immediate remedy: Change your thought! Through the wonder of social media, I have become acquainted with a woman I never would have met otherwise, as her life’s circumstance and mindset are on the opposite side of the world from mine. She openly writes of her pain and weaknesses, lashing out at others in a way so honest my heart aches in empathy. I feel I know this woman, perhaps because there was a point in my life I could have been her. I felt victimized by circumstances and didn’t think there was a way out. It’s difficult to believe we have a choice when everything we see appears solidly hopeless. Unfortunately, it will stay that way as long as we believe it to be true. What can cause our mind to open up to the lightness of hope? The willingness to do so…


​"​Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear, — this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony."  ​Mary Baker Eddy - ​Science & Health Page 323:32-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...