A Fabulous Life


As a child, I always wanted to live in town. My parents were older, I was an only child, and we lived in the country. I longed for the kind of neighborhood I heard my friends talk about. They had Beatles clubs, rode their bicycles together, had sleepovers — it sounded wonderful! So when I had children, I made sure to have two — and to move to a quiet street in a small town. I still live here and am in love with my neighborhood! After a difficult few hours today dealing with various technological issues, I was ready to relax and have dinner. I decided to return a couple of missed calls first, and had a relaxing talk with a childhood friend. While we were talking, a neighbor brought me a beautiful stir fry she had made. It was as thought she had read my mind and knew I didn’t want to cook and was hungry. The gratitude I feel for good friends and wonderful neighbors is boundless. I encourage everyone to sit on their front porch and visit with their neighbors, or pick up the phone and call an old friend. Life is as rich as we allow it to be, don’t you think? 

"If selfishness has given place to kindness, we shall regard our neighbor unselfishly, and bless them that curse us; but we shall never meet this great duty simply by asking that it may be done." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 9:11-14


“You respond to what you perceive, and as you perceive so shall you behave. The Golden Rule asks you to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This means that the perception of both must be accurate. The Golden Rule is the rule for appropriate behavior. You cannot behave appropriately unless you perceive correctly. Since you and your neighbor are equal members of one family, as you perceive both so you will do to both. You should look out from the perception of your own holiness to the holiness of others.” 

A Course in Miracles T-1.III.6:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unity of Spirit

  Photo courtesy of Susan Luddy Words from Kahlil Gibran “Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.   Pity the nation t...