The Panoply of Love

 


A long time ago, I was leaving my art gallery at the end of the day, walking down the sidewalk to my vehicle, when I heard the old Louis Armstrong song, What a Wonderful World. There was a young man in Basin Park, sitting with his guitar and singing this song. I stopped to listen and was completely enthralled; lifted out of myself and the worries of the day. I stood across the street from him, loving what was happening on this cool summer evening. Out of the corner of my ear (so to speak) I heard some ruckus, but it wasn’t really registering with me. As the song ended, I heard some voices shouting obscenities. When I looked toward the noise, they were looking right at me! But my mind had risen to a place of pure Love while listening to the song and feeling the words, and so I just stood there, smiling, with no thought of anything other than what a wonderful world it is. There were three young people sitting on a wall in the park and as I happily looked back at them, it was as though they deflated. Where before they had been angry and loud, their anger disappeared right before my eyes. I waved happily at them and went on my way. This was proof that Love conquers hate. I saw it happen. So don’t lose hope, dear friends. Allow yourselves to be overtaken by Love and watch it spread!


“Clad in the panoply of Love, human hatred cannot reach you. The cement of a higher humanity will unite all interests in the one divinity.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 571:18-21


“Today the lights of Heaven bend to you, to shine upon your eyelids as you rest beyond the world of darkness. Here is light your eyes can not behold. And yet your mind can see it plainly, and can understand. A day of grace is given you today, and we give thanks. This day we realize that what you feared to lose was only loss.” 

A Course in Miracles W-129.8:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unity of Spirit

  Photo courtesy of Susan Luddy Words from Kahlil Gibran “Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.   Pity the nation t...