Glorious Gatherings

 

The Salon

Have you ever thought something was true, and then you said it out loud and discovered you didn’t really feel that way? I was grocery shopping and ran into one of our local Course in Miracles meeting attendees. As we chatted, I mentioned that I did’t like meetings. As soon as I said it, I knew it wasn’t true. I don’t like random meetings! I love our ACIM group, and my book club, and maybe one other thing — which I can’t think of right now. But, for example, I was asked to be on the board of directors for an organization which I wholeheartedly support, but I declined. I’m too happy to be on a board! But I always feel good following one of the gatherings which bring together a group of like-minded people to have a love-based discussion. At the same time this revelation dawned, I accepted the fact that I like solitary study more than group study. And so even though I don’t attend weekly meeting of our ACIM group, I love you all dearly and thoroughly enjoy every time we are together. 


“It is impossible to remember God in secret and alone. For remembering Him means you are not alone, and are willing to remember it. Take no thought for yourself, for no thought you hold is for yourself. If you would remember your Father, let the Holy Spirit order your thoughts and give only the answer with which He answers you. Everyone seeks for love as you do, but knows it not unless he joins with you in seeking it. If you undertake the search together, you bring with you a light so powerful that what you see is given meaning. The lonely journey fails because it has excluded what it would find.” 

A Course in Miracles T-14.X.10:1-7


“Would existence without personal friends be to you a blank? Then the time will come when you will be solitary, left without sympathy; but this seeming vacuum is already filled with divine Love. When this hour of development comes, even if you cling to a sense of personal joys, spiritual Love will force you to accept what best promotes your growth.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 266:6-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unity of Spirit

  Photo courtesy of Susan Luddy Words from Kahlil Gibran “Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.   Pity the nation t...